My Blog List

Sunday, November 22, 2020

Laid

 

 

 

 A musical interlude for a Sunday afternoon...
From 27 years ago - "Laid" by James.
 
Favorite lyrics...
 
This bed is on fire with passionate love
The neighbors complain about the noises above
But she only comes when she's on top
My therapist said not to see you no more
She said you're like a disease without any cure
She said I'm so obsessed that I'm becoming a bore, oh no
Ah you think you're so pretty
Caught your hand inside the till
Slammed your fingers in the door
Fought with kitchen knives and skewers
Dressed me up in women's clothes
Messed around with gender roles
Line my eyes and call me pretty
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Sweetie dear? That came out 27 years ago!

    Another one in that vein, is "Nancy Boy" by Placebo. Not sure if you were familiar with it, but I am betting you are! https://youtu.be/gdIIbHwrS1c

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I never claimed that basic arithmetic was one of my strong points...2020-1993=17....it seemed right at the time....but I was onto my fourth scotch at the time so petty much everything seemed right to me then....thanks for pointing it out!
      I'm pretty sure I'm familiar with it and I'm sure I'll know it when I hear it...
      Kisses
      Kaaren

      Delete