My Blog List

Wednesday, June 22, 2022

Caution

I have known "Kaaren" since we were teenagers together.
"Kaaren" has suffered from asthma all of her life and I have seen incidents dozens, if not hundreds, of times.
But when it happened on Monday night I have to admit that I probably overreacted.
I told him that I was going to take him to the hospital and he told me that he wouldn't go!
I haven't encountered open defiance from him in so many years that I was taken aback!
He said it would pass, he used his rescue inhaler, but I didn't want to hear it and I physically dragged him to my car in the driveway.
I screamed at him to get his "sissy ass" into the car. I was stressed beyond the point where I cared about discretion!
The Doctor at the emergency room was already familiar with "Kaaren" and took him in right away.
He told me that it was a relatively minor asthma attack, and it was nothing to worry about.
They admitted "Kaaren" overnight "Just "in an abundance of caution".
"Kaaren" is furious with me and I readily admit that I went a little crazy.
I tried to say I was sorry but I think it fell on deaf ears.
And now after sitting and thinking about it, I'm not sorry. Not even a little bit!
Showing my concern is something I will not apologize for.
When I bring him home tomorrow we're going to have a long, long talk!

Mrs.K











 

1 comment: